Download latest beta

tosbsas

04 May, 2019 04:01 PM

Hi there

I was testing just fine but somehow I missed an update and my beta expired. Where do I get it again?

1. 1 Posted by Gianluca on 05 May, 2019 06:30 AM

I think, it won't be in Beta anymore ... :(

2. 2 Posted by stdk on 05 May, 2019 11:21 AM

I didn't miss any update and my beta expired too. there's currently no working beta, so this is pretty sad.

3. 3 Posted by Jorik on 05 May, 2019 11:31 AM

Same here, can't read my mail no more... keeps saying that my beta expired, but i have the latest update...

4. 4 Posted by Gianluca on 05 May, 2019 11:38 AM

It's time to buy it from the official app store and, if everyone thinks about it, it's right. I have been using Airmail Beta for many years and for the respect of the developers it is right to pay for their commitment.

5. 5 Posted by John Faulds on 05 May, 2019 12:01 PM

If that's the case, it should be communicated correctly.

The version on the App store is from March 19, is that the latest version available?

And is now the right time to be buying Airmail with Airmail Zero beta just released? Will we be forced to ditch Airmail for Zero and pay for another licence some time down the track?

6. 6 Posted by Gianluca on 05 May, 2019 12:49 PM

Sorry John, but Airmail Zero is focused for Gmail. It's another product. Anyway, for me, I decided to buy Airmail as I use it in all of my Apple devices. It's right to pay it after a long time used in beta version. And I will continue to use it the beta when will be release it.

7. 7 Posted by Gianluca on 05 May, 2019 03:05 PM

I've had confirmation by Airmail that "Currently, we have closed the beta version"

8. 8 Posted by Patrick L on 05 May, 2019 06:13 PM

Gianluca, I totally agree with you. It's been awesome that Bloop offered the free Beta version for years and for the most part it works fine for me 90% of the time.

More than happy to support their development team for releasing a great email app, log in the app store today to buy but looks like priced been raised to $26.99 now. Would be great if Bloop can offer beta users a promo price of $9.99. Most users would definitely pay for it if they knew the beta version would be discontinued.

9. 9 Posted by Patrick L on 05 May, 2019 06:22 PM

Hmmm...looks like it's not closed yet. If you log into HockeyApp, it's fixed on build 548
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/84be85c3331ee1d222fd7f0b59e41b04

10. 10 Posted by Gianluca on 05 May, 2019 07:10 PM

I decided to buy it, Patrick, as I use Airmail on 4 Apple Mac's, and already have it on Ios Ipad. I don't think, even If price has been raised, to waste my money.

11. 11 Posted by stdk on 05 May, 2019 08:28 PM

@Patrick L thanks for the tip. After sign in, the downloaded version works great. thanks!

12. 12 Posted by John Faulds on 05 May, 2019 11:34 PM

I paid for the app on the app store and then found it wouldn't import some IMAP accounts from the beta app, which due to a recent change to using GSuite for those accounts and not being able to migrate the email over, means that Airmail beta is the only place I can get access to the archived mail for those accounts.

After registering on HockeyApp to get the recent Zero beta, whenever I click the link above I get redirected to https://rink.hockeyapp.net/manage/dashboard which tells me the app doesn't exist.

So I ended up having to reset my system clock back a few days, open the Airmail beta app, check for updates, install 548, reset my clock and now I'm good again. :/

13. 13 Posted by John Faulds on 05 May, 2019 11:37 PM

I hope Airmail don't permanently disable the beta at some point in the future, because due to the strange IMAP setup on the previous server for the IMAP accounts I mentioned above, the beta app may be the only place I can permanently access the archived emails as it doesn't look like Google supports migration unless I was using Outlook.

14. 14 Posted by Alex on 06 May, 2019 06:52 PM

How i can pass to pay version from beta and import all accounts?

15. 15 Posted by asdf on 06 May, 2019 08:08 PM

I've purchased airmail in the past, but having the beta "expire" (after crashing, which it does multiple times per day) and refusing to let me access my email has me beyond pissed off.

I'm switching away from it now and never giving this company money again.

16. 16 Posted by rasny on 06 May, 2019 09:02 PM

I am Japanese.
    The Japanese search function of this app is considerably inferior to other apps.
    It is hardly useful.
    The same is true for kanji and Korean characters.
    This app does not support 2 bytes.
    I think it's too early to make it a fully paid app.

Running the Beta Test for an extended period did not solve this problem.
    There is no guarantee that paying money will solve this problem.
    So I get lost buying.

17. 17 Posted by Frank on 08 May, 2019 06:38 PM

Hello,
    I own Airmail 3 but due to the fact that it didn't work with certain Mailservers, they gave me a new Beta version which worked well.
    Now the beta has run out and I wonder if I can use the prefs of the beta for the regular Airmail. What do I have to do to see my emails again that I saw with the beta version?

18. 18 Posted by Claudia on 09 May, 2019 10:32 AM

For anyone struggling to migrate their data from Airmail Beta to Airmail 3, feel free to use the following script I wrote:

https://gist.github.com/claui/127a35a6de3b60403c7fc36ce31bf97d

I’ve used it myself, and it worked perfectly for me.

Download the script as airmail_beta_migrate, then open Terminal.app and make the script executable by running:

chmod +x airmail_beta_migrate

To migrate, run the following command:

./airmail_beta_migrate

CONSIDER THE SCRIPT UNTESTED.
    NO WARRANTY.
    BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE YOU PROCEED.

19. 19 Posted by Patrick L on 17 May, 2019 01:32 AM

@stdk glad to help out!

@John have you found a migration plan for the archived emails? Who knows how long this latest beta build will last...

@rasny that really sucks for non-English users! I guess search queries are different with localization so I would just look for another email app that caters to the Japanese language. You might want to check out Readdle Spark email app.

@Claudia thanks for sharing the script! Does this also migrate the Rules? That's awesome that you maintain Homebrew

20. 20 Posted by John Faulds on 17 May, 2019 01:34 AM

@Patrick L https://www.bittitan.com/ will do the job (I've tested it successfully) but you have to pay a licence fee per mailbox.

21. 21 Posted by Claudia on 17 May, 2019 09:04 AM

@Patrick L You’re welcome!
    Yes, the airmail_beta_migrate script also migrates the rules.

22. 22 Posted by Ellinor on 09 Sep, 2019 02:06 PM

I can't open Airmail today - it says it has expired. But then I have had no chance to move anything and the app just won't open. What to do??

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Oct, 2019 01:49 AM
17 Oct, 2019 11:15 AM
17 Oct, 2019 07:48 AM