an account for this email already exists

mail

02 May, 2018 07:02 PM

Hi,

I have a G-Suite account (gmail google apps for my domain) with the username [email blocked].
I also have an iCloud account with the username [email blocked].
I also have an IMAP account with the username [email blocked].

I added the G-suite account in Airmail (3.3.5 beta) and it worked fine.
I then tried to add the iCloud account and go the error box "An account for this e-mail already exists."
I then tried to add the IMAP account and got the same error.

I then tried to add the iCloud account as ([email blocked]) and got a suggestion for an app-specific password? Does airmail really require that I pierce 2FA for iCloud, or is it just that [email blocked] is a bad authenticator for that account (I never use it).

I believe this all used to work in Airmail 2 (I've been away for a long time), or there was a way I tricked it into working.

It's completely legitimate for different IMAP accounts to use the same e-mail address for authentication and to be able to alias the same e-mail address across multiple accounts (as well).

Is there an architecture bug here, or am I doing something wrong in the way I'm configuring Airmail?

1. 1 Posted by 是罗迪克附件 on 04 May, 2018 08:15 AM

test to test

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_2018-05-02_11.50.11.png 14.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

19 Oct, 2018 07:26 PM
19 Oct, 2018 11:57 AM
18 Oct, 2018 03:42 PM
18 Oct, 2018 03:14 PM