Search is now abominable

Mitch

27 Mar, 2018 07:31 PM

The search function has never been what it should be in terms of a quick turnaround. Now it is terribly slow and sometimes totally unusable. I have to resort to other mail clients to dig back and find what I want.

Someone needs to totally rethink the search function and bring it into the 21st century.

1. 1 Posted by Pam on 01 May, 2018 03:36 PM

The search function works only occasionally on Airmail 3. Like Mitch, I have to go to other mail clients to search. Please fix!!
    No search window appears. When I use the "search all messages" from the menu, nothing happens.

2. 2 Posted by Anton Iakimov on 28 Jun, 2018 04:15 PM

Hi there!

Have the same issue. I like an Airmail client but search in unreliable (I use web Gmail for search).

Is there any fix or workaround for this?

BTW, does anyone know a good macOS client with fast search?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Airmail on 29 Jun, 2018 11:31 PM

please rebuild the message cache

4. 4 Posted by Jordan on 27 Jul, 2018 02:27 PM

Rebuild message cache, barely helps. The search is so bad I am thinking of leaving the service. It is slowing me down so much with my work that it is outweighing all the positives of the app. It's a shame you can't improve the performance, it seems very few people are satisfied with search performance.

5. 5 Posted by js on 30 Jul, 2018 07:45 PM

Same problem here (see my other ticket). Rebuilding the message cache does not change anything and does NOT help.

6. 6 Posted by js on 30 Jul, 2018 07:57 PM

Here are more detailed informations and some screenshots.

Search is not usable. I switched back to Mac mail, searching for mails is a feature I use several times a day.

Either search does not find anything or it needs several minutes (!!!) to find something.

AirMail Beta Version 3.5.5 (503)

See screenshots.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Airmail on 21 Aug, 2018 05:46 AM

js what account is ? exchange?

8. 8 Posted by KSP on 06 Oct, 2018 06:55 PM

I have the same problem. The search is next to unsuable. It's slow, sometimes doesn't find things, and … I've more or less given up on it. It happens on both Gmail and Exchange accounts. I now go to the web interfaces to search, which naturally is a horrible situation.

9. 9 Posted by js on 06 Oct, 2018 06:56 PM

Liebe(r) Email-Schreiber(in).

Ich bin ab dem 08.10. wieder im Büro erreichbar. Emails werden bis dahin nur sehr zeitverzögert gelesen. Wenden Sie sich bitte an meine Vertretung, Herrn Thomas Zwolsky ([email blocked])

Für vertriebliche Fragen steht Ihnen Herr Lukas Dingelmaier ([email blocked]) zur Verfügung.

Mit herzlichen Grüssen

Jörn Steinhauer

e: [email blocked]
    m: +49 160-5376652
    t: +49 821-50981.0
    w: www.alphasystems.com<http://www.alphasystems.com/>
    t: @alphasystems_de
    f: www.facebook.com/alphasystems<http://www.facebook.com/alphasystems>
    l: de.linkedin.com/in/joernsteinhauer
    s: joern_steinhauer

e = email • m = mobile • w = work • h = homepage t = twitter • f = facebook • l = linkedin • s = skype

alphasystems gmbh • Pröllstrasse. 17 • 86157 Augsburg, Germany
    GF: Jörn Steinhauer • Registergericht Augsburg • HRB 12914
    member of netz16 group • Solutions for your future

10. 10 Posted by nlivor on 22 Oct, 2018 06:40 PM

Same issues here.. Search is next to unusable. Whenever I need to search for something I just use gmail's web interface..

I know you aren't Google, but please make a decent indexer & searcher, this one is terrible.

Search is such an important feature that, if this doesn't improve, i'll go back to using gmail's webinterface again

11. 11 Posted by Michael Helm on 23 Oct, 2018 11:19 AM

Same problems here, it's actually faster to load up Gmail, do the search and start to reply - if your lucky Airmail might have returned search within 3 minutes.

Rebuilding the Cache doesn't help at all nor does re-installing. I use it on 2 Mac's and both have the same issues (different mail accounts as well).

In the last month I've found myself using Gmail purely because of the poor search response.

12. 12 Posted by William Walsh on 05 Nov, 2018 11:17 AM

Not only is the search not usable, but just initiating a search is a buggy process. After pressing Cmd+F one begins typing the search string, about 1 or 2 seconds in "Label: Inbox" or whichever folder you're searching in wipes out whatever you've typed and you need to start again. Very frustrating. Any sign of a fix, this has been ongoing since I began over a year ago,

OSX 10.13.6
    Airmail Beta Version 3.7.0 (531)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Nov, 2018 05:20 PM
16 Nov, 2018 01:10 AM
15 Nov, 2018 07:25 PM