Return to list rather than next message on delete/archive

Airmail Used to be Awesome

28 Feb, 2018 06:34 PM

When I am reading a message and then decide to archive or delete it, Airmail automatically select the next message. This causes two notable workflow problems:

1) If I am looking in the spam folder and recognize that one message shouldn't be spam, I need to mark it as "not spam." After doing so, it opens the next message, which is likely legitimate spam. And now it has been opened, which triggers a validation of my email address for sharing with other spammers.
2) If I don't want the next message marked as read, I have to manually change it to unread.

I would prefer to be able to return to the list with no message selected. I can do this in Spark, and it is glorious. If Airmail would enable me to do this, I would be able to use it as my primary client. Without that feature, I can't convert from Spark.

Is there any chance you could implement this feature?

Thanks in advance.

1. 1 Posted by Airmail Used to... on 12 Mar, 2018 06:07 PM

Alright, it looks like even though this is the second time I have inquired about this, you won't ever be answering my inquiry. Even the last bug you recognized and told me you would fix (a year ago) hasn't been resolved. It seems like Airmail is never going to be the superstar it was with version 1. There are better Mac email clients like Spark, Polymail, and Canary. I'm out. Good luck.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Already uploaded files

• return-to-list.png 15.8 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Mar, 2018 08:18 PM
22 Mar, 2018 05:21 PM
22 Mar, 2018 01:41 PM
22 Mar, 2018 12:49 PM