securityd using a lot of memory; when killed, Airmail constantly pops open new browser windows for Google account login

Colin

09 Nov, 2017 04:24 AM

I'll notice my fans whirring loudly and fire up Activity Monitor to see what could be causing the ruckus when there's nothing obviously causing it that I'm doing in the foreground. I see in Activity Monitor that securityd is running and using 100% CPU and 3+ GB of memory. I kill it, because most macOS processes are resilient and will come back if they're necessary. Immediately after doing this, I get a dialog asking me for my password to unlock the login keychain. Seems OK, so I proceed. Almost immediately after doing this, a browser tab opens to a Gmail login. When I fill it out and proceed, it's apparently for Airmail access to my Gmail accounts. This continues to happen until I reboot the computer.

I'm not sure if Airmail is the culprit in this, but it's been going on now for at least a month.

Airmail Version 3.5.3 (460)
macOS 10.12.6 (16G1036)

1. 1 Posted by julian miller on 17 Nov, 2017 11:02 PM

i have 4 email address that i switch between to keep mail separate.

suddenly i'm getting the browser popping up and asking for credentials everytime i switch after starting up. quite a time waster if not fixed.

also the attached error pops up with each request to validate my account with google.

2. 2 Posted by julian miller on 19 Nov, 2017 12:55 AM

it was driving me crazy. i considered going back to apple mail to get work done.

but before resorting to such a traumatic change i decided to delete all the google accounts in airmail. also i removed the traces of airmail from in the 'manage apps that use google' restarted airmail and all is good.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Jul, 2021 08:52 AM
28 Jul, 2021 08:45 AM
28 Jul, 2021 06:08 AM