Replies to messages with labels lose their labels

John Faulds

23 Mar, 2017 01:10 AM

If I receive a new email and add a label to it and then send + archive, the message moves from the inbox to the folder and I can see the labels applied to it.

But if I then receive a reply to the email I sent, in my inbox it shows as having no labels, so I'm never sure whether a label has been applied or not. If I've previously applied more than one label to an email, if I re-add just one label to the email in the inbox, all labels are instantly re-applied.

This isn't a problem specific to 418, it's been an issue for as long as I've been using Airmail really.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Airmail on 26 Mar, 2017 09:37 AM

AM will download the "other labels" of a thread when a new mail arrives
    but it takes time

2. 2 Posted by John Faulds on 04 Apr, 2017 10:27 PM

How much time? 8+ hours? Because I had an email come in last night which still isn't showing it's label this morning.

3. 3 Posted by Nichole on 22 May, 2017 08:48 PM

I have been noticing the same issues, including the bit about re-adding a label and then the others are magically re-applied. A label system is not helpful if they fall off every time a reply comes in!

FWIW, I am running v3.2.7 (432).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Jul, 2021 08:52 AM
28 Jul, 2021 08:45 AM
28 Jul, 2021 06:08 AM