The Search Bar has many design and usability issues, in my opinion

jkglobal8

06 Apr, 2017 07:26 PM

1. I'd prefer the main Title Bar to be thicker, or the Search Bar thinner, such that there is Title Bar real estate above the Search Bar. I frequently try to grab the Title Bar to move the window, and I click where every other app I use has Title Bar real estate, but I get stuck in the Airmail Search Bar.
  2. Clicking in the Search Bar immediately puts you in Search mode and clears your list of messages/conversations, even if you didn't want to perform a search.
  3. The Search function takes over everything and is almost impossible to get out of unless you mouse click another function, which means scrolling over to the other side of the window and making a choice, just to get back to where you were before you accidentally clicked in the Search Bar.
  4. The Search Bar doesn't provide enough time to type a query before it assumes what you want, and then when you try to continue typing, it thinks it's a new phrase/new search, and wipes out what you already typed because you paused for a fraction of a second.
  1. 1 Posted by jkglobal8 on 03 May, 2017 07:58 PM

additionally:
    5. The Search Bar doesn't behave as OSX or Outlook search functions behave. How does one search for a specific string? Enclosing multiple words in double quotes does not produce the expected results of finding messages with only the exact string, but appears to find all messages with any of the words in the string.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Jul, 2021 08:52 AM
28 Jul, 2021 08:45 AM
28 Jul, 2021 06:08 AM