favorites order not shown correctly

berkon

08 May, 2016 06:24 AM

I marked for display AND reordered several Favorites (Preferences -> Favorites). Works good so far and shows up in sidebar. But not in condensed icon-sidebar view, only in extended folder view. for better illustration see screenshot attached with order and appearance of favorites.
But maybe this kind of representation is intended?
Using El Capitain 10.11.4

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Airmail on 08 May, 2016 08:50 PM

the view in without folder is not ordered

2. 2 Posted by berkon on 09 May, 2016 04:32 AM

ok, so not ordered and not able to hide any of the given favorites. example: uncheck "Starred" in favorites still shows it in condensed view.
    is reorder and hide/show of favorites in condensed view planned? For the moment it's not really comprehensible why favorites options should have no effect on condensed view, especially as option menu is with icons that are only shown in condensed view.

3. 3 Posted by cmarhoover on 04 Aug, 2016 01:36 AM

Yes, I also consider this to be a big problem. The condensed view menu should behave according to the arrangement in preferences.

Also, it would make Airmail infinitely more useful to me if I could place whatever folder I'd like in the condensed menu. For example: I have all my school emails rerouted to their own folder so they do not flood my inbox. The current behavior in Airmail 3's condensed view makes it a real pain to bring up this important folder or see the number of unread messages at a glance.

4. 4 Posted by Prathan on 15 Dec, 2016 10:09 AM

This makes no sense and bothers me deeply. I never use the non-condensed view so I couldn't figure out why the "Favorites" preferences never have any effects. It's just broken.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Airmail on 16 Dec, 2016 11:34 PM

in the condensed is no applied
    the condensed version has a fixed layout

6. 6 Posted by James Stidard on 03 Apr, 2017 03:52 PM

I feel this should be treated as a bug as well. The condensed view is much more convenient for my screen size and I would 100% expect this order to take effect there - otherwise I wouldn't have google it and came across this thread.

Please consider putting in the bit of work to add this functionality.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac