Smart folder issues, and Primary/Promotions/etc for Gmail

maxfarrar

23 Jan, 2019 05:54 PM

Two major issues that I've found:

1) I enabled the Primary, Promotions, and Social tabs in Airmail (which are really smart folders, ex. primary is set to 'category:primary newer_than:30d'). However, for example, if I try and change Primary's setting to include 'is:inbox' (so it's only un-archived items), it actually creates a new smart folder buried in the smart folder tab, which is a duplicate of Primary. This is frustrating because I want to use Primary as my main Inbox, but the only 'smart folders' that I can actually place up on the sidebar are the Gmail provided ones (Primary/Social/Promotions).

2) Smart folders don't update correctly. In the example above, I accidentally created a duplicate of Primary with 'is:inbox' added. The full smart folder setting is then 'category:primary newer_than:30d in:Inbox'. In theory, archived items should disappear. However, when I archive an item in that smart folder, it animates by sliding to the right, but stays put after that. It's not until I click on a different folder entirely and come back to Primary that the email is gone.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac