Search is now abominable

Mitch

27 Mar, 2018 07:31 PM

The search function has never been what it should be in terms of a quick turnaround. Now it is terribly slow and sometimes totally unusable. I have to resort to other mail clients to dig back and find what I want.

Someone needs to totally rethink the search function and bring it into the 21st century.

1. 1 Posted by Pam on 01 May, 2018 03:36 PM

The search function works only occasionally on Airmail 3. Like Mitch, I have to go to other mail clients to search. Please fix!!
    No search window appears. When I use the "search all messages" from the menu, nothing happens.

2. 2 Posted by Anton Iakimov on 28 Jun, 2018 04:15 PM

Hi there!

Have the same issue. I like an Airmail client but search in unreliable (I use web Gmail for search).

Is there any fix or workaround for this?

BTW, does anyone know a good macOS client with fast search?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Airmail on 29 Jun, 2018 11:31 PM

please rebuild the message cache

4. 4 Posted by Jordan on 27 Jul, 2018 02:27 PM

Rebuild message cache, barely helps. The search is so bad I am thinking of leaving the service. It is slowing me down so much with my work that it is outweighing all the positives of the app. It's a shame you can't improve the performance, it seems very few people are satisfied with search performance.

5. 5 Posted by js on 30 Jul, 2018 07:45 PM

Same problem here (see my other ticket). Rebuilding the message cache does not change anything and does NOT help.

6. 6 Posted by js on 30 Jul, 2018 07:57 PM

Here are more detailed informations and some screenshots.

Search is not usable. I switched back to Mac mail, searching for mails is a feature I use several times a day.

Either search does not find anything or it needs several minutes (!!!) to find something.

AirMail Beta Version 3.5.5 (503)

See screenshots.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Airmail on 21 Aug, 2018 05:46 AM

js what account is ? exchange?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac