When Forwarding, Email is Sent Back to Me

Robert A

02 Feb, 2018 05:37 PM

Hi,

When I try to forward an email, the email is instead forwarded back to the original forwarder (me). Have tried this multiple times with different forwarding addresses and this continues to happen.

1. 1 Posted by Eric on 02 Feb, 2018 07:54 PM

I am having the same issue, mainly off of forms that are sent to me via a shared mailbox (hello@). When I attempt to forward them, they are sent back to the hello@ distribution list, and any additional text or commentary I entered in the draft is removed. Please help.

2. 2 Posted by Jen on 26 Aug, 2018 03:29 AM

I am also having this problem. Did you find out how to fix it?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Airmail on 27 Aug, 2018 01:51 PM

seems. like a rule a bcc or a server configuration

4. 4 Posted by aaron on 07 Sep, 2018 01:01 PM

The trouble with this statement "seems. like a rule a bcc or a server configuration" is that it is inconsistent. It will happen on specific emails and at what seems to be random times.. Sometimes quitting mail and reopening will resolve but not always.

5. 5 Posted by aaron on 07 Sep, 2018 02:16 PM

Also, just to follow up and make sure that I have been clear. We admin our own servers and we have not only checked our servers for rules, we have spun up Outlook accounts (this is on an exchange server), checked the rules in there; nothing. We checked Airmail for rules, nothing. We then used Outlook and the Outlook Web to forward two particular emails that I could not forward to another person in my office, on the same domain. Both worked.. Also, a detail that is very specific for me.. It always and only happens with one particular recipient that I forward to constantly.. Her email is, again, on the same domain and it may just be that the volume of mail I send to her is soo high that I only notice it when forward to her but as of this moment it has not happened when forwarding to anyone else.

Also, I have reported this before, I looked but could not find the thread that I posted on but it was a similar complaint.. I am not using Beta I have the latest paid for version.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac