Archived emails disappear from Airmail

Andrea

26 Dec, 2017 06:30 PM

I've recently begun using Airmail Beta in the hopes of maintaining Inbox Zero and using Archives instead of my inbox to store old emails. I tested this by archiving an email and then searching for it on Airmail, and the message was found immediately. However, I am now losing emails as I archive them, and I cannot search for them in Beta. I already reset my cache and let the app spend a day "initializing" and going through my emails. I sent myself another test email to archive, and it has disappeared. I cannot search for it. Gmail in my browser finds all those messages immediately.

I know these messages are supposed to go into my All Mail folder on Airmail, but they don't. They're just gone. I also know this is not how Airmail is supposed to function. What might be causing this problem?

I'm on a new MacBook Pro running High Sierra (version 10.13.2), and my Airmail is up to date.

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Carolyn on 23 May, 2018 01:06 PM

I'm using Airmail 3 and currently have the same problem - when I archive messages they disappear. I cannot search for them, and they do not appear in my All Mail folder. Is there a solution to this?

2. 2 Posted by Bob on 05 Jun, 2018 05:09 AM

Same problem here

3. 3 Posted by Leo on 17 Jun, 2018 09:36 PM

I am having the same problem. However, it appears to be intermittent where some archived emails are showing up in Archive and others are not. Also, I am using the alpha version of AirMail 3 and not the beta.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jun, 2018 07:08 PM
18 Jun, 2018 01:26 PM
18 Jun, 2018 08:29 AM