Attachments not showing up

evan.goldin

15 Dec, 2017 09:45 PM

Hey all,

I'm seeing an issue with attachments. Increasingly, attachments just don't show up in Airmail. I was just sent an email with a 1.2mb PPT file attached. On Gmail.com, it shows fine. In Airmail Mac Beta, I see a winmail.dat file attached, but nothing else.

Anyone know how to fix?
- Evan

1. 1 Posted by claus on 18 Dec, 2017 09:50 AM

I am having the exact same issue with IMap and Exchange. winmail.dat PDF attachments and .xls attachments. It appears to happen when the sender is using Outlook exchange....This is a HUGE problem for me....

2. 2 Posted by evan.goldin on 19 Dec, 2017 07:05 PM

Any response here guys?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Airmail on 22 Dec, 2017 06:45 PM

can you give me some sample email
    to test?

4. 4 Posted by evan.goldin on 25 Jan, 2018 07:01 AM

Just sent to [email blocked]. This is happening all the time.

5. 5 Posted by evan.goldin on 29 Jan, 2018 06:31 PM

Any word on this? It's going to lead me to switch back to Gmail.com if it can't be fixed :(

6. 6 Posted by vrm on 14 Feb, 2018 03:48 AM

Same problem.
    Some attachments simply don't appear in Airmail 3.
    Any news on this issue?

7. 7 Posted by Td3lb on 01 Mar, 2018 05:09 AM

2 months and still nothing? Can you guys at least acknowledge this issue and post status ? It’s kind of a big deal.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Airmail on 04 Mar, 2018 05:03 AM

is the issue related to some specific attachment?
    ppt? pdf?

9. 9 Posted by morganoc on 22 Mar, 2018 12:49 PM

Hi guys, I have the same issue. A very annoying issue at that. It seems to randomly occur with attachments of various types (pdf, images, docs etc). Checking the same email on different occasions will yield different results (i.e. sometimes the attachments will show, but more oftenly won't appear). Clicking "Save Attachments" or "Save..." will always work - just that the attachments don't appear in the email itself. This means I reluctantly have to log directly into gmail to view attachments.

10. 10 Posted by Dale Ossip John... on 13 Apr, 2018 02:00 PM

We continue to have the same problem. Even rebuilding the cache does not resolve it. We use the mail client in our business. It has many features which we want. However the ongoing issue of not being able to see attachment and having to go back to the Apple Mail.App is intolerable and unworkable. The developer has offered no meaningful solutions. It is embarrassing to discover from our clients that they have sent attachments that we cannot recover. It is my hope that at some point that the developer will bring this software into practical use in a business environment. We would like to use the software when it is commercially useable.

11. 11 Posted by john on 03 May, 2018 06:42 AM

I have just experienced the same problem. Client sent an email with two PDF files attached. Only one of them showed and that was deemed to be corrupted. However when I opened the email using Apple mail, both attachments were there and they were both fine.

Please fix this as it caused some embarrasement when I accused my client of sending a corrupt file..

12. 12 Posted by Matt Kobelski on 17 May, 2018 12:48 PM

Can I get a refund and go back to gmail? Same issue, no resolution

13. 13 Posted by Jackie on 12 Jun, 2018 08:51 PM

I'm having the same problem. I'm running the trial version....any fixes? This is make or break for this program.

14. 14 Posted by Paul on 19 Jun, 2018 06:40 PM

Same issue here

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Airmail on 27 Jun, 2018 05:46 PM

can you provide a sample?

16. 16 Posted by bobbooth on 03 Jul, 2018 03:50 PM

I can send a sample. What's the address?

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by Airmail on 04 Jul, 2018 08:40 PM

I need the eml file
    [email blocked]

18. 18 Posted by bobbooth on 10 Jul, 2018 02:04 PM

Any update on the eml I sent? Still receiving emails minus attachments.

19. 19 Posted by Alexandra on 13 Jul, 2018 11:43 AM

I am having the same issue.
    .doc file attachements do not show in the iOS app on my iPad. As a company this is make or break as when we are on the road we work solely from iPads.
    There is no issue when I log into Outlook on my mac in the office.
    Is there a workaround for this? I have tried resetting cache and redownlaoding etc but nothing seems to work

20. 20 Posted by Allison on 23 Jul, 2018 05:50 AM

I too am having attachment issues. Attachments appear and download fine in Outlook 365 web browser version, opening normally in all pdf viewer apps. In Airmail app on Mac OSX I can see there is an attachment, but it won't open. It will Save, but when opening in Preview (default) nothing happens, and in Acrobat Reader DC it says the file was corrupted. Load Images removes the attachment, and Show Raw Source says "Cannot load the source". I created a .txt from the Raw Source with is viewable in Outlook 365 in my web browser, and I've attached it below.
    I'm testing Airmail Beta with a view to switching from Apple Mail as our default mail client, as there are too many issues there, but it seems Airmail might also not work for our company, as Airmail seems to have similar problems with Exchange 365 .

21. 21 Posted by Sandeep on 26 Jul, 2018 01:35 PM

Same issue here, any timeline for a resolution? This issue just started about 1-2 weeks ago

22. 22 Posted by Steven Ward on 31 Jul, 2018 03:30 PM

I am having the same issue on a Mac with attachments not showing up. I have not tested, but it looks like to me it has something to do with the "conversation" thread. In other words, I get multiple emails from the same address and each email is supposed to have an attachment, and the attachment icon is there, but only the "top" (latest) email actually shows/has the attachment.

Airmail please get this addressed/fixed. I receive multiple scanned attachments from a copier to do my job, and it is creating a real problem. I have to open gmail in browser to get them. I love your product and have used it for years, but this is a HUGE problem.

23. 23 Posted by Duey Entrekin on 06 Aug, 2018 02:31 PM

I think this link will shed light on what the original poster is referring to.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278061/email-received-from...

I'm seeing the same thing from one particular contributor to a weekly newspaper I produce. I constantly have to ask them to send the pictures (again) alone.

It's very frustrating but I'm pretty sure it is not an Airmail issue, specifically.

24. 24 Posted by Anthony on 28 Sep, 2018 10:37 AM

Same problem here. I've just had one of our customers IT department trying to find out why it's happening only to realise its my problem. Very embarrassing. Surely a fairly fundamental feature that needs to work properly for use in the working world.

25. 25 Posted by Tim on 07 Nov, 2018 04:24 PM

Same issue, for some messages I now have to switch to gmail to get the attachments...

The only attachment that shows up in Airmail is winmail.dat

I'm on mac

26. 26 Posted by Matthew Kirchma... on 12 Nov, 2018 07:44 PM

I also find that I have to go back to mac mail to retrieve my attachments. In airmail they just spool and spool... for hours if I let it. Sometimes they come in after a few minutes, sometimes never at all. This is not tolerable in an email program.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

13 Nov, 2018 02:13 PM
13 Nov, 2018 10:00 AM
13 Nov, 2018 09:53 AM