Composer Crash - GPG Suite 2017.1

Clem

26 Sep, 2017 03:42 PM

Hello,

I recently updated GPGSuite to 2017.1 and since then, I cannot compose any email. I'm pretty sure it comes from the fact that I used to sign all my emails and something is not working on that side anymore.

I'm using Airmail 451. Anyone else having the issue or a solution to fix ? (Apart from the obvious downgrade of GPGSuite)

Best regards.

1. 1 Posted by sysedit on 27 Sep, 2017 06:00 PM

Have you upgraded GPG plugin ?
    I had the same issue and installing the latest version of the plugin solved it.

2. 2 Posted by Robert Gottlieb on 28 Sep, 2017 02:57 PM

I have one email bleeding into another part way. The two messages are next to each other in sequence. One is from a mailing list another is sent to an email group from totally unrelated subjects. The prior email bleeds in partially in the middle of the next email. It's bizarre. This is a beta though, so I just wanted you all to know. I don't see a menu item to submit a bug, so I hope this is the right place.

3. 3 Posted by rrobino on 29 Sep, 2017 01:04 AM

I have experienced the same issue and filed a bug report with GPGSuite (version 2017.1 as of the time of this writing), whom I believe is the maintainer of GPGTools for Mac. It looks like the offender is org.gpgtools.libmacgpg.GPGKeyManager.key-loader.

When I reported the issue to Airmail support the only advice I got was to blow away my accounts, recreate them, and try again. Of course this doesn't work, but what a huge amount of trouble on the user's part.

They didn't have any interest in seeing the Apple crash report, but it's pretty clear in that report that this is a GPG-related issue - not sure if it's the AMPGpg bundle or a bug in libmacgpg. I'm using Airmail 3.5 452 and version 7 for AMPGpg (both the latest as of the time of this writing. Mac OS X version 10.12.6.

Hopefully this message reaches the developers, and they care enough to determine who's bug this is. Attached is a sample crash report.

4. 4 Posted by rrobino on 29 Sep, 2017 01:11 AM

Sorry - immediately after filing this report I went back and double-checked my installed versions of all the components. It turns out that the MacGPG bundle maintained by Airmail was not the latest version - version 5 was installed and the latest is version 7. Installing version 7 made the issue go away. Guess it wasn't a bug in libmacgpg after all.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac