CANT SENT MAILS - SMTP DETAILS ARE NOT ACCEPTED

florian.stagliano

22 Sep, 2017 11:50 AM

Dear Airmail Team,

I am at a loss since Airmail suddenly decided to stop sending out emails for one of my accounts (still can receive emails).

I operate Airmail 3 Version 3.2.4 (420) and the problem affects on my account with www.gmx.net: I can receive emails with the account, but when trying to send an email, the sending process fails after a couple of seconds.

The console error message associated to the problem is:
22/09/2017 09:41:48.135 Airmail 3[335]: [BLOOP_ERROR] FETCH:Fetch in Archives/2005 Err Unable to parse response from server.

I also have an gmail account linked to Airmail which is not affected by the problem. Here I can receive and send emails.
I also didnt install any new firewall or antivir software lately, which could have cause Airmail to stop working suddenly.

It seems that the SMTP server details for my GMX account are no longer accepted by Airmail. I triple checked with the website of my email provider that I use the right sever details (https://hilfe.gmx.net/pop-imap/imap/imap-serverdaten.html) - I do - (tried other settings as well, like changing encryption protocol) but the SMTP test fails for it.

Lastly, I tried to use the new Airmail Beta version (Version 3.3.3 (451)) to see if the bug has been resolved there, since simialr posts suggested that the problem is solved with the new version. Unfortunatley, I can't link my email account to the programe after installing it, since I am required to enter the SMTP info for the account and get an error message when the Airmail tries to connect to the account. So back to square one.

Please help, since I am using my home network frequently for business and private email and can't find any help or solution online.
Is the problem known to support and fixable?

Best

Flo

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Airmail on 26 Sep, 2017 09:16 PM

can you provide a test account?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Oct, 2017 06:44 PM
20 Oct, 2017 01:07 PM
20 Oct, 2017 12:58 PM