"Load remote images" for ellipsis

Charles Bailey

05 May, 2017 04:26 PM

In the last couple betas (currently at v426), I see the "Load remote images from this user" banner appearing much more frequently. When I look at the message source, I don't see any tags. If I click "Once", what appears is the little ellipsis image that Airmail uses to indicate that if has collapsed quoted text. It seems as though that may be the image triggering the banner rather than content in the message itself. If so, maybe it'd be good to whitelist it automatically? It's really not the kind of security/tracking risk the banner is intended to address, I think.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Airmail on 08 May, 2017 10:26 PM

the new check
    avoid also css and other tags

2. 2 Posted by Charles Bailey on 11 May, 2017 03:20 PM

Looks like it's still occurring v430. It seems to occur for both plain text or html messages - any chance it's being triggered by some element of Airmail "chrome"?

3. 3 Posted by Charles Bailey on 16 May, 2017 12:51 PM

Still present in v431. One additional observation: hyperlinks in HTML content are presented as the typical blue text, but until I click to load remote images, clicking on the hyperlink text does nothing. After the load images step, clicking a hyperlink forwards to the browser.

4. 4 Posted by Simon on 11 Oct, 2017 05:21 AM

Hey Amazing Airmail’ers! This is still happening on 3.3.3 (456). Namely, when Autoload Remote Images is unticked, the Load remote images… banner is displayed on the message view even when the email contains no images.

Thanks for all you do.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac