Reminders

Mark Chester

23 Dec, 2016 01:11 PM

Reminders from emails sent. Should they stay in the folder when a reply has been received? I thought they came out when a reply was made. Mine are stopping even after a few messages to and from. Is this by design?

1. 1 Posted by diamond_d on 25 Mar, 2017 12:25 AM

I am also having an issue with reminders. Some of them are cleared when a message is received but others just stay in the folder even after a message is received. This seems to be a bug.

Also, how can I manually clear the reminder?? For example, if I no longer want to wait for a reply and I give up, I need to be able to clear the reminder. Is there a way to do that?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Airmail on 26 Mar, 2017 09:47 AM

what account type?
    gmail?

3. 3 Posted by diamond_d on 26 Mar, 2017 04:45 PM

Yes, these are gmail accounts. Firstly, even when I get a reply to the email, the reminders aren't clearing, and secondly, I am wondering how I can manually clear a reminder (in case it either wasn't cleared automatically or I no longer want to be reminded about the email). Thanks

4. 4 Posted by diamond_d on 26 Mar, 2017 06:47 PM

To follow up on this, you should add the ability to select "folders>remove from>reminders" in order to clear a reminder from a given message, but that option does not exist.

5. 5 Posted by diamond_d on 28 Mar, 2017 04:17 AM

I really need an answer on this soon. My reminders folder is getting really big and I can no longer manage the reminders effectively. Can you please tell me how to clear a reminder for a message?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Airmail on 29 Mar, 2017 03:17 PM

simply delete from reminder folder

7. 7 Posted by diamond_d on 29 Mar, 2017 05:28 PM

When you say "delete" the only option is to move the message to Trash. But that deletes the message, which I do not want to do. I want to archive the message but remove the reminder. How would I remove the message from the reminder page without deleting it permanently?

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Airmail on 29 Mar, 2017 10:18 PM

a simple archive from the reminder folder will remove the reminder label from the message

9. 9 Posted by diamond_d on 29 Mar, 2017 10:22 PM

When I press the archive button from the reminders folder, the blue bar moves all the way to the left and reads "archive" and then it bounces back and the message stays in the reminder folder. also, like i said before, the system is not automatically removing messages that have replies from the archive folder (that is the real cause of this issue in the first place). thanks for your help on this.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Airmail on 29 Mar, 2017 11:10 PM

try tight click >menu>folder>remove

11. 11 Posted by diamond_d on 29 Mar, 2017 11:16 PM

when i right click on a message in the reminders folder, there is no folder listed for reminders. see the screenshot.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Airmail on 29 Mar, 2017 11:24 PM

try to use the labels menu

13. 13 Posted by diamond_d on 29 Mar, 2017 11:28 PM

"Reminder" is also not a label. See screenshot. Thanks for the help.

14. 14 Posted by diamond_d on 31 Mar, 2017 11:24 AM

Do you have any other suggestions, or is this something you can fix? I would very much like to use the reminders function (I use that in gmail using boomerang or cirrus insight) so until this is fixed I cannot continue to use airmail. Thank you again for your help.

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Airmail on 31 Mar, 2017 12:22 PM

as an extreme solution try to rebuild the account
    settings>account>more>rebuild message cache

16. 16 Posted by diamond_d on 31 Mar, 2017 02:33 PM

That does not remove the reminders. The folder is still full of messages after rebuilding.

17. 17 Posted by diamond_d on 06 Apr, 2017 08:43 PM

Is there any progress on this? At the moment the mail service is un-usable for me without having the reminders feature function normally. There are still two issues: 1. The reminders do not automatically clear when someone replies (which they are supposed to do) and 2. You cannot remove reminders manually, in cases where the reminders have not cleared.

18. 18 Posted by andre on 23 Aug, 2017 08:29 PM

Same problem here. Google Business account. Mails stay in Reminders "folder" and there is no way to remove them from there. Neither through remove from folder, not archive etc

19. 19 Posted by Mark_D on 17 Jan, 2018 01:56 PM

Ive just recently started using Airmail and almost ready to give up because of Reminders. From what I have read, they are meant to be removed from the Reminders folder when a reply is received.

This doesn't happen - and so I have to manually manage the folder which is incredibly frustrating - because this one of the main reasons I went with Airmail.

This happens on all my accounts, hotmail, Gmail and iCloud.

This really needs a solution!

20. Support Staff 20 Posted by Airmail on 23 Jan, 2018 12:12 PM

should be fixed in the latest version

21. 21 Posted by Paul on 24 Sep, 2018 02:50 PM

This is not fixed... I just got the same respons from airmail support desk. Just delete the mail if you want to remove the reminder...

I don't want to remove the mail.
    No option. thats absurt!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac