Can't add account after error while adding it the first time

Quan K.

26 Apr, 2017 05:24 PM

A few months ago I wanted to add my Outlook account to Airmail, but in the process (I believe after the last step), something went wrong. I don't recall exactly, perhaps Airmail crashed, or I lost internet connection.

Anyhow, whenever I try to add it now (even after updating the app multiple times), after completing every single step, Airmail displays an error saying the account can't be created, as it is "already present". This is clearly not the case, as it does not appear in the mail window or even in the accounts list in the Airmail preferences.

Any solution, besides completely reinstalling Airmail (something that'd be quite inconvenient)?

Thanks in advance!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Airmail on 27 Apr, 2017 03:36 PM

delete _~/Library/Containers/it.bloop.airmail.beta11/Data/Library/Application Support/Airmail/General
    you need to install the accounts from scratch

2. 2 Posted by Peter Follett on 06 Jun, 2017 01:22 AM

After updating OSX overnight, Airmail reopened with no accounts. It now will not allow me to add any of the previous 2 accounts I operated or any other gmail accounts.

I have deleted the app and re-installed it from the App store. No change.

3. 3 Posted by Roberto on 25 Aug, 2017 08:54 PM

Same problem, Now I have only my hotmail account. All the other ones are missing

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Airmail on 29 Aug, 2017 04:20 PM

after last update ?

5. 5 Posted by Perry on 22 Sep, 2017 09:59 AM

I have the same problem after a clean OSX install of High Sierra GM. Airmail Beta (build 451) lost all mail accounts and refuses to add them manually. I keep getting "Cannot add the account, please try again" for any and all accounts, iCloud, gmail, or imap. It was pulling the prefs from iCloud via sync but turning this off and on was a non-starter.

Any other suggestions?

6. 6 Posted by ughnett on 30 Sep, 2017 04:51 AM

I'm not using the beta version, but this was the only thread i found googling my issue that was relatable to my problem.

I updated the OSX High sierra a few days ago and I'm using non-beta Airmail 3, but the same exact thing just happened to me a few minutes ago randomly. Was checking my email in all my connected mail accounts in the sidebar, closed the app window briefly, opened back up and every email account was gone except for my iCloud one. Won't let me choose import option for the rest of my accounts. No clue what to do!!

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Airmail on 20 Oct, 2017 12:41 PM

seems data corruption
    contact our support on our site
    generally you need to rebuild the accounts

8. Airmail closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2017 12:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac