Airmail 3 does not sync between Mac, iPad, and iPhone.

brad.ibox

23 Jan, 2017 08:56 PM

Yes I know this is not Airmail 4, but this was the only forum I could find.
On my Mac I deleted all but three emails in my Airmail inbox. My iPad shows I still have 24 emails in my inbox. It does show that they have been read, but they are not deleted or filed away like they are on the Mac. Three inbox emails does not equal 24 inbox emails.

Troubleshooting:
I am using Airmail version 3.2.1 on my Mac and Airmail version 1.5.1 on my iPad. All of my preferences on all devices are set to sync using iCloud. I have reset operations and reset message cache on my iPad. When that did not work, I completely removed all accounts from my iPad Airmail and set one account up new. It still shows 24 inbox emails, but just 3 on my Mac? Is the only solution to remove Airmail on all devices and use a different program?

1. 1 Posted by RWB on 08 Mar, 2017 08:07 PM

I am having the same issue.

2. 2 Posted by Crinklesteen on 14 Mar, 2017 06:37 AM

Same Herr, really annoying.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Airmail on 17 Mar, 2017 10:03 AM

in general about sync issues you mean different mails in the same inbox
    but which of the 2 installations is correct
    can be that 1 installation is out of sync or cannot use the right credential to access to the mailbox

4. 4 Posted by Rob on 18 May, 2017 10:45 PM

I run the latest version of airmail across desktop, iPhone and iPad and the sync is clearly buggy and I've tried numerous fixes. Aside from the latest daily emails, all the legacy items in my inbox differ across devices and I'm using GSuite accounts. Given the point of IMAP accounts is that they sync across devices, when will Airmail fix this critical issue??

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Airmail on 18 May, 2017 10:49 PM

Is ios that not sync or the mac? Please post some screens

--
    Leo
    Sent with Airmail

6. 6 Posted by Ryan on 25 May, 2017 01:44 PM

I'm having this same issue. I'm trying to sync an Office 365 account from work. If I read a message on my iOS device, and then delete it on my Mac, it stays on the iOS device. If I read it on iOS and then mark as unread, it does not show up at all on the Mac. I currently have inbox zero on my Mac but 33 Unread and many more Read messages on my iOS device.

I need this to be fixed - it has caused me to miss replying to messages as I could only see them on one device. If this isn't fixed, Airmail isn't workable anymore.

I can't post screenshots of my messages - this is an unreasonable request.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Airmail on 27 May, 2017 02:51 PM

what version for AM iOS and AM Mac
    Are you using some rules?
    did you update to the latest beta? https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/84be85c3331ee1d222fd7f0b59e41b04

8. 8 Posted by Igor Engelen on 07 Jun, 2017 05:46 PM

Having also problems with the syncing of deleted emails between an iPhone and iPad. Both on latest iOS and latest Airmail.

I had the impression that this worked in the past but now (for at least a couple of weeks I think) I delete unneeded emails during the day on my phone and in the evening they just stay in the list on my iPad.
    I think the other way around fails too it's just something I seldom do.

9. 9 Posted by Adam A on 08 Jun, 2017 01:05 PM

Having the same issue here, I read mails on my computer and they don't appear as read on my iPhone since a couple of weeks now, really annoying...
    Synch between devices does not work anymore and someone I wonder if a mail has been sent correctly as I don't see them sent from other devices I use

10. 10 Posted by Eric on 09 Jun, 2017 07:08 PM

Similar problems here. The iOS versions on both iPhone and iPad are often out of sync with the Mac desktop version. Something that happens very frequently is I will go through and delete or archive several inbox messages on iOS, then a few minutes later they re-appear on iOS or remain in the inbox on Mac.

11. 11 Posted by mhf on 13 Jun, 2017 11:32 AM

Same here. Using airmail 1.6.4 on iPad and the inbox keeps getting longer (files deleted or moved on laptop simply stay)

12. 12 Posted by Ultravelocity on 13 Jun, 2017 01:13 PM

I have the same issue. And it seems a lot worse lately. Emails deleted from other mail clients or the web are not deleted from iOS or iPad.

13. 13 Posted by RevBlackie on 13 Jun, 2017 02:13 PM

Same issue here. Running Airmail on both iPad and iPhone, and the latest beta on Mac. IMAP mails deleted on one device still show up on the others. One note, though: on iOS, messages deleted on one device remain on the other, but when the message is selected in the inbox column, they are actually blank. Also, if an email is deleted on one device before it has been fetched to the inbox on the other, it will not show up in the second device's inbox -- however, it WILL show up in that device's trash. So, it appears that they are really being deleted/moved to trash on the IMAP server, but Airmail is keeping the header in the mail list for some reason.

14. 14 Posted by Michael Laubsch on 13 Jun, 2017 03:37 PM

Heya:
    Is the sync problem somehow solved? I bought mac and iOS version two days ago, after reading the good reviews. But like the folks posted above, my devices don't sync in airmail, when deleting a mail on one device. It still appears on the others. Any solutions? It is a little annoying having bought a product that does not work correctly. Best from Vienna Michael

15. 15 Posted by brad.ibox on 13 Jun, 2017 04:42 PM

They still don’t work, and no response from Airmail.  The Mac version is great, but the iOS versions are useless since they don’t sync correctly.  Nobody should purchase the iOS versions until this bug is fixed.

16. 16 Posted by Igor Engelen on 13 Jun, 2017 04:50 PM

I guess we'll just have to wait for an app update and hope it's fixed then. Definitely annoying.

17. 17 Posted by Aaron McConvill... on 14 Jun, 2017 10:40 AM

Unfortunately I'm having a similar issue on Airmail 3.3.2 on Mac and Bluemail on Android. Emails marked as read on Airmail does not sync with Bluemail, and since yesterday two emails read on Bluemail are completely missing from Airmail.

18. 18 Posted by Petr Schnepp on 21 Jun, 2017 05:18 PM

Wow, I should read this forum prior to the purchase of both, iOS and MacOS versions since I have very same problems with inbox/sync. I passed through chat with the technical support, but they have no clue understanding even what is the problem. I do not expect a solution so I already asked Apple to refund and cancel the purchase.

I am really disappointed

19. 19 Posted by ir299 on 24 Jun, 2017 10:22 AM

Same here, I really want this to work but email is far too mission-critical to take risks. The core functionality must be rock-solid. Will ask for a refund.

20. 20 Posted by parked on 26 Jun, 2017 11:04 PM

I also have this exact same problem and it is getting to the point where the frustration of the lack of sync is now outweighing the attraction of third party tool integration. At least with Apple mail, I know where i am....

21. 21 Posted by Paul Gauntlett on 27 Jun, 2017 06:53 AM

Same here - especially with snoozes - and nosolution or real appreciation of the seriousness of the problem from support. After resetting the apps the problem would reappear within days. Thankfully Apple refunded my money even though I was out of time. Spark from Readdle has proved a lot more reliable with sync.

22. 22 Posted by ecs on 05 Jul, 2017 08:34 PM

Same problem here. I use airmail 3.3.2 on mac, and the latest on my iphone. When i delete messages on my mac to inbox zero, on the iphone i see all of the emails in inbox... WTF? Fix it guys please, i am a loyal customer to you, but it is really annonying during my work.

23. Support Staff 23 Posted by Airmail on 06 Jul, 2017 04:49 AM

can you try the ios bete? the issue should be fixed

24. 24 Posted by Igor Engelen on 06 Jul, 2017 05:47 PM

When do you expect to get out of beta and have an remember? Currently waiting for acceptance in the hockeyapp.

25. 25 Posted by Stefan on 07 Jul, 2017 05:13 PM

Same here. Airmail on iPhone and iPad. I delete a mail, wait a moment to sync, eave the app, double click the home button and swipe Airmail up to stop the app. Reopen Airmail to find the previously deleted mail in my inbox.

This is really annoying since it makes deleting mails on any of my iOS device a lost cause....

26. Support Staff 26 Posted by Airmail on 07 Jul, 2017 05:16 PM

we did many fix to iOS sync
    contact us if you wish to join the latest iOS beta :)
    Thanks

27. Airmail closed this discussion on 07 Jul, 2017 05:16 PM.

28. Airmail re-opened this discussion on 07 Jul, 2017 05:16 PM

29. 27 Posted by Igor Engelen on 07 Jul, 2017 05:52 PM

Just got an invitation for testflight.
    Is it possible to get a second one please so I can test the syncing of deleted items with 2 devices (iphone and iPad)?

Thanks!

30. Support Staff 28 Posted by Airmail on 07 Jul, 2017 05:53 PM

you can use the same , just install testflight

31. 29 Posted by Igor Engelen on 07 Jul, 2017 06:04 PM

I'll do some more tests over the weekend but as far as I can test it in such a short time it looks like the syncing problem is solved in the beta.

Thanks guys!

32. Support Staff 30 Posted by Airmail on 08 Jul, 2017 02:13 AM

Thank you so much!

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac