Emails moved into folders stay in Inbox

Rachel

21 Mar, 2017 12:56 AM

When moving emails into folders & subfolders, the emails look like they have left my inbox, but then they reappear with two tags - the inbox & the folder they've been moved to.

This means my inbox is never clear, which is stressful for me as my inbox is also effectively my task system - if an email is still in my inbox, it needs attention/action. I think a lot of people use their inbox like this.

Can it be changed so once an email is dragged into a folder it does not reappear in the inbox with the 'inbox' tag on it?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Airmail on 26 Mar, 2017 09:32 AM

are you using and imap account or gmail?
    how you execute this operation?

you drag from inbox?
    or from a search?

in menu window operations it should say hat AM does

2. 2 Posted by Rachel on 29 Mar, 2017 02:40 PM

It's a gmail account

sometimes execute action by dragging emails over into the folder from the inbox & sometimes from search

in menu window operations it should say hat AM does

you're missing some text^?

3. 3 Posted by Rachel on 29 Mar, 2017 09:04 PM

Emails go into folders if dragged individually.

If found in a 'search' & dragged from there as a group or individually, they stay in the inbox.

4. 4 Posted by Rachel on 04 Apr, 2017 11:41 AM

This is still happening with Airmail Beta 19. Can it be fixed? It's quite frustrating not being able to move emails in bulk when taken from the search function.

thanks

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Airmail on 06 Apr, 2017 09:21 AM

where you drag them in another account?
    are emails from different accounts?

6. 6 Posted by Rachel on 07 Apr, 2017 09:29 PM

No, as above, this is one gmail account.

7. 7 Posted by Graham wright on 12 Jul, 2017 12:02 PM

Was this issue ever resolved? Airmail is a great app but having all mail showing in the inbox regardless of if it is already categorised in a folder is very stressful.

8. 8 Posted by Elliot on 16 Sep, 2017 03:15 AM

I am seeing the same issue all of a sudden. Every email I move from the inbox now shows up in the inbox and in the folder I moved it to.

9. 9 Posted by liad on 21 Sep, 2017 05:18 PM

moving messages leaves the Inbox label on.
    this is super annoying and been an issue since i started using Airmail.

10. 10 Posted by Frans van derGe... on 23 Sep, 2017 03:53 PM

Same here, messages keep coming up again and again as unread or new. Some messages are listed more than ten times. There are several other topics here about the same problem, Rules are broken very badly the last few months in at least the last four official releases and many betas did not solve this. I’ve reverted to Apple Mail with, yes paid for, plug ins. Airmail has gone from a beautiful alternative to an unusabke product... I’m also done with Airmail, this time for good :-(

11. 11 Posted by Gregory Van Gil... on 09 Oct, 2017 09:15 PM

Hello,

Same problem here, from a Gmail account.
    - When drag and dropped to a folder, the folder label applies, but the inbox label stays - When archived all labels disappear.

I personally hoped to find the same mechanics as in Gmail:
    - When drag and dropped to a folder, the folder label applies and the inbox label disappear. - When archived, specific labels stays but inbox label disappear.

Could someone from the Airmail team state if the current mechanics is the one intended or if it is a bug (and if so, tel us when we can expect an update).

Kind Regards

12. Airmail closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2017 12:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac